Snapdeal.com - Cross Site Scripting #Bug (DOM Based)

It was shocking to get a XSS vulnerability in Snapdeal.com. Recently, I was using snapdeal for purchasing for some goods but when i tried my luck for XSS, it was hardly a matter of seconds.

Basically it was DOM based XSS. The requested payload was not going to server. Instead it was being include in DOM itself and executes on browser.

Proof of Concept:

I used this URL with bcrumbSearch parameter which was used for searching the product name from DOM.


As you try to use this URL, script get executes on browser and I got a million dollar smile.


Aftermath:

As a responsible security researcher, I reported this issue to help@snapdeal.com and support@snapdeal.com. I didn't got any reply from their side yet but meanwhile issue got patched without any intimation.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location.Hash exploit || JQuery 1.11.3/1.7.2/1.6.1 Cross Site Scripting

JQuery UI 1.11.4 Cross Site Scripting

Yahoo Rolls Out Security Scanning Platform Gryffin: Here's What You Can Do With It